Friday, August 20, 2010

Being still.

This is how I am spending my time.  And loving it.

Zane and the children are doing well--although the little ones are not used to being out from under mama's covering. 

Zane is a lot more adventerous than I, loading all nine children up into the Cruiser and spending five hours at the local farm.  I asked him what he does with the two 2 year olds, "they just hang out under the big mango tree."  So glad the Lord is watching over them too.

 I love what I read this morning in the book of Isaiah,

"He will tend His flock like a Shepherd; He will gather the lambs in His arms; He will carry them in His bosom, and gently lead those that are with young."  40:11

Resting in this promise.

Please pray with me as I prepare to speak at two church services this Sunday.  There could be as many as 700 people!

A glimpse of Oregon--where I grew up.

7 comments:

lauradodson said...

WOW that vista is gorgeous...nothing like that down here.

So glad you're being still before the Lord, and resting. I am so thankful that the Lord has not only provided you with this short season of refreshing, but that He is taking care of the fam back home. I am sure ALL those kiddos enjoyed the farm. Daddies are rather fun creatures. ;o)

JG said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your rest! We all need to take time to rest and rejuvenate in the Lord!

Kaylin said...

Hey Summer! Oregon is trully a beautiful site God created! I am so glad you are here resting in God! I'll be praying for you and your family!
Kaylin

Heather said...

I just read "your story". Thank you for sharing it. I look forward to learning more about your family and your ministry. Enjoy your visit! I, too, am so glad that God watches my children, too, as Daddies are a little more adventurous:-)

Michelle A said...

Praying for you as you prepare. Glad to hear the kids are having fun with dad and that you are being refreshed!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Praying for your relaxation in the Word and with God....for refreshment with family....for miracle after miracle to be poured out on you! God's provision.....amazingly wonderful......

Loved catching up with your blog....and seeing that God has of course provided, and held you firmly in His hands. Praying for a wonderful time for your family, for you, and for your sermons :) May God give you the exact words to prompt others in a deeper walk with Him!

Unknown said...

He sounds just like my hubby! While I was in the hospital with Blakely for 8 days-he was home holding down the fort-taking all 6 kids to the pool several times and even to a buffet. Things I would NEVER have the patience to do! HUGS!