Saturday, October 4, 2008

hand in hand

"Nevertheless, I am continually with you; You have taken hold of my right hand....the nearness of God is my good (full-measure)." Psalm 73


What is my "good"? Obedient children, a loving husband, money in the savings account...

I pray that truly the nearness of God will be my good, full-measure.



"When he falls...The Lord is the One who holds his hand." Psalm 37:24


I love these promises. I find great comfort, just as my children do, that my Father is holding my hand, keeping me from stumbling.


3 comments:

Austin Maloney said...

You guys are a continual inspiration to us. You are literally following the gospel. Not just giving it lipservice.

a woman found said...

Amen! His promises are my hope! My confidence! And how beautiful that the nearness of my God is my good.

a woman found said...

Summer, I was just outside with the boys and I thought of you. I wonder if you'd share what a typical day in Uganda with your precious little ones looks like? Either by email or on your blog.

Praying for you!
Sheila