Sunday, August 17, 2008

Seek Me and you will find Me.

What a beautifully reassuring verse in Jeremiah, that if we seek the Lord we will find Him. Today has been a day of seeking. I must admit, this past week I have felt a bit lost? But, as the kids jumped happily on the trampoline, the Lord met me where I was at (looking after my little ones) and ministered to me from 2 Corinthians 5: 1-9.

"For indeed in the house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven, inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked. For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so what is mortal will be swallowed up by life...Therefore, we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him."

This feeling of being "lost" was that longing to be clothed with my dwelling in heaven. But, the Lord sees fit to tarry and therfore, let me make it my ambition to please Him!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

A good word sister! I was just journaling what was in my heart to the Lord along the same lines.

bless you
sheila

Kellie Trenkle said...

i find myself so desperate for Him tonight. i have been struggling with meditating on things that are "praiseworthy" instead of stewing over minor-in-light-of-eternity disappointments. i am so weak when i'm in my flesh. oh, thank you, Father for your mercy and for always being there waiting to be "found" by me... over and over and over and over... sigh. good word, summer. love!