Saturday, August 16, 2008

In what do I trust?

After being in the "belly of the whale" the Lord revealed to me a sin that was beginning to grow like yeast in my life. I had begun to trust my gift rather than the Giver of the gift. You see, I slowly began to trust in my gift to equip me instead of coming to the Lord. In Jeremiah we read, "Blessed in the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is in the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease yeilding fruit." My gift can only be at work if I first trust the Lord, plant myself in Him and not be fearful or anxious when the droughts come. This reminded me also, of the people spoken of in Romans, "who worshiped the creation instead of the Creator." In what do you put your trust? Are you placing the gift above the Giver? "Not that we are sufficienent of oursleves as to think that anything is from ourselves but our sufficieny is from God."
2 Corinthians 3:5

No comments: