A few readers have asked me what day to day life is like for a family of thirteen living/ministering in the middle of nowhere--in Africa nonetheless. I thought I would begin with a top ten list of things said in our home on a daily basis.
- "Please come and wipe me."
- "There is a bug in my rice."
- "A huge cockroach is in the shower."
- "Kids, could you please help mama get the toads out from behind the couch?"
- "The pit latrine is smelling."
- "Make sure to tuck your mosquito nets in."
- "Did the guards do the morning snake check around the yard?"
- "Please put your shoes on...I am not going to dig another chigger out of your foot."
- "The water/power is off, again."
- "Don't brush your teeth with the tap water or else you will get diarrhea."
Our life is different, our life can be hard but this is the life the Lord has given us and we desire to live it for His glory, dirty bums, bugs, cockroaches, toads, stinky pit latrines, mosquitos, snakes, chiggers, lack of water/power, diarrhea and ALL.
"Whatever you do, do it heartily unto the Lord."