Sunday, January 17, 2010

Verses that have ministered to me...

from the book of Isaiah
8:11, “The Lord has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does.”
v. 16-18, “Preserve the teaching of God , entrust his instructions to those who follow me. I will wait for the Lord…I will put my hope in him. I and the children he has given me.”
v. 19-20, “Someone may say to you, Let’s ask the mediums and those who consult the spirits of the dead. With their whisperings and mutterings, they will tell us what to do. But shouldn’t people ask God for guidance?...Look to God’s instructions and teachings! People who contradict the word are completely in the dark.”
9:7, “The passionate commitment of the Lord will make this happen.”
11:2, “The Spirit of Counsel.
17:10, “because you have turned from God…your harvest will be a load of grief.”
24:20, “the guilt of rebellion is heavy.”
42:20, “you see and recognize what is right but refuse to act on it.”
43:23, “I have not burdened or wearied you.”
44:3, “blessing on your children.
44:20, “the poor fool feeds on ashes. He trusts something that can’t help him at all. Yet he cannot bring himself to ask, “is this idol that I’m holding in my hand a lie?”
45:24, “The Lord is the source of all my righteousness and strength.”
*48:9-11, “The furnace of suffering….”*
64:4-5, “you welcome those who gladly do good, who follow godly ways.”
*65:1, “I was ready to respond…all day long I opened my arms to a rebellious people.”
May God's word be like honey to your soul.

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

It is! Thank YOU!

Jim and April said...

I showed my mom who is over tonight the picture up top of all your children...she agrees with me how adorable and precious they are!