Friday, May 22, 2009

Delight-Rejoice!

Delighting over my children.

(Ezekiel is acting VERY goofy)

I admit, there are days that I must make an effort to delight over certain child(ren) who continue to sin and sin and sin despite the consistent discipline and correction he/she is receiving. I am asking the Lord to help me to remember to delight in each of my little ones throughout the day knowing full well that my Heavenly Father delights over me. Dancing, laughing, running or cuddling with a book. And the joy that radiates from theirs faces is the same joy I feel when I relish in my Fathers delight over me.

"He brought me into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me." 2 Samuel 22:20

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and HE delights in his way." Psalm 37:23

"Correct your son and he will give you rest; yes, he will give delight to your soul." Proverbs 29:17
*this proverbs is so true--it can be witnessed daily in our home.

2 comments:

BETHANY said...

Thanks for this timely reminder. :)

Adeye said...

Such a precious reminder--one I need to hear daily, actually :)

Thank you for sharing your amazing family in pictures. It is such a delight to see their little faces (and their mommy's too).

Hugs.