Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This is the day the Lord has made

I will rejoice and be glad in it.
I just realized yesterday that this is the third time within a one year period that we have gone through the process of fostering. Now, I do not have the slightest understanding of what you ladies in the states go through...but I do know that the paperwork is mountainous for all of us. So today, after school lessons, voice lessons, art class and lunch, I will be putting together five files, full of legal documents. I still need to go pick up photos as well as a letter of recommendation from our local chairperson. And I must not forget to stop by the pharmacy to start Ethan on de-worming medication. Oh, and I nearly forgot, I need to go and see our social worker--to make sure she mentioned to the judge that we will be coming in for our hearing tomorrow. Thank God I have a couple ladies helping me around the house as well as preparing the guesthouse for the uncle, clan elder and orphange director.
Phew. I better go and start rejoicing!
The kids and I are just finishing lunch and I thought it would give God glory to add a little...
P.S.Like I said, lunch is nearly over and I was able to get all the errands done! Thanks to Eryn's art teacher and my friend who helps me around the house, I was able to zip around town to pick up the letter, medicine and photos--with Ethan smiling happily beside me! I even called my social worker and the judge is expecting us tomorrow. Now all I have to do is put together the gazzilion copies of documents into five seperate files. And keep praying that the uncle, clan leader and director all show up tonight--the guesthouse is clean!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the PAPERWORK!!!! :-) You HAVE to hear from God to be willing to do THAT 3 times in one year!! HA! HA! I'm praying for you guys and I'm so glad you are strong and able to move around and do what needs to be done! Praying for Ethans spirit to be at peace during all of this transition too. Might be a little weird or even scary when his "relatives" come to his new house..... BIG hugs!!!

Unknown said...

That wore me out! PAPERWORK galore fostering here too, sounds like some very familiar stuff EXCEPT for the de-worming meds!