Thursday, January 15, 2009

Please pray for my dental appt tomorrow, but...

This is an email I just sent to my friend who is a missionary wife in Peru. I pray that it might touch the heart of other mothers out there...

"Yes, it has been yet another trying season. Just this evening, after spending the better part of the day discipling children, I realized that I have been called to a unique ministry. Raising, training and discipling six young ones--all at the age where they are learning the consequences of sin. This is can be a little overwhelming at times, only because I feel like all I do is discipline and rebuke. Needless to say, I know that this is not the truth. We have a lot of fun together and I am able, by God's wisdom, to teach then the wonderful jewels found in scripture, thru Jesus Christ! Oh, how the enemy likes to whisper little lies and half truths....And so I must keep falling at the feet of my Shepherd."

No comments: