Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A well-rounded update.

"And the Lord said to him, " I have heard your prayer and your plea, which you have made before me...My eyes and my heart will be there for all time."  1 Kings 9

What an encouragement this verse brought to my weary soul yesterday.  Feeling so lost.  Defeated.  Overwhelmed.

So where are we; what's the update?

In Kitgum:

All is well on the Northern front.  Zane has been busy with guests, and will continue to be throughout the next few months.  Its quite amazing how the Lord brings people into our path...and if they are willing to sleep in a hut, they are welcome to stay!  I guess when you live communally, and you understand that all you have has been give by God, you are more willing to open your home..."the more the merrier."

The church in Kitgum continues to see new faces each Sunday!  Zane's zeal for evangelism is amazing.  Would you please pray for him as he expends himself in so many ways for the sake of the gospel.

Brianna and the kids are doing well.  Brianna has been spending extra time in school with the children {we homeschool all year round} preparing them for their final exams.  The word on the street is that the children enjoyed their first mid-term at the local school...six tests over six days.  And our first graders took the first five highest marks!  More importantly, the children are growing spiritually.  Brianna taught them the cutest little song which helped them memorize the 12 disciples.  Before I left, many of the older {6-9 years} children began reading through the Bible.  Elijah is already in 1 Kings.  I am so excited to see what God does with these amazing children!  Would you please pray for the children as mommy is away, that they would continue to know and feel my love for them.  I am so thankful for video chats multiple times a week.


My Health:


"The never ending story..."  So far I have been to two doctors.

The first doctor is a GP who has diagnosed me with Post Infectious Immune Syndrome.

Too many parasites/diseases have run my immune system down to nothing.

Treatment, rest and nutrition.

The second doctor is a Natureopath.  After  a very length consultation, many, many questions have been answered.

The mysterious bumps on my hands...bone spurs due to my body seeking out vitamins and minerals from my bones.

Joint pain...toxins from the parasites and the myriad of "poisons" the doctors in Uganda have used to rid my body of these nasty boogers.

Fatigue...also from the toxins.

Weight loss/inability to gain weight...I have developed malnutrition due to malabsorption due to multiple parasitic infections over the past 8 years.  My stomach is mess and therefore no longer absorbs nutrients properly, leaking undigested food/toxins into my blood stream.

This is new information...the cyst the CT scan and MRI found in Kenya months ago {which is growing}...is more than likely a parasitic cyst.

Treatment, lots and lots of supplements to rebuild my stomach wall.  As well those which rid my body of toxins.  A more whole foods/organic diet.  Rest.


What does this all mean for us?  For our future?  We are seeking, pleading with God.  We want to be in the center of God's will.  There are HUGE mountains that need to be moved. But in this moment, I must focus on healing, getting back to my husband and children.  To the place we have called home for over eight years.  Would you please pray with us in this season of many unknowns.  I just loved the picture I got from the Lord yesterday as I read that "His eyes and His heart will be with me for all time."  I know He sees what we are going through and He loves us so much.  I know that His heart is for us and not against us.  Not to mention that we have the "heart" of Christ within us.

What love, support and encouragement we have received over the past eight years from so many faithful warriors, fighting alongside us in Uganda. Would you please continue to fight on our behalf, on the behalf of the gospel and its going forth.



16 comments:

Shauna said...

Praying for you Summer. May God give you and Zane clarity and unity for the next step.

Debbie Doughty said...

I am grateful that you have some answers, though not necessarily what you would have hoped to hear. It sounds like you have a battle plan, so that is progress! I'll be praying for your body to heal so you can go where God leads you in the future and return home ASAP! Keep your eyes on him. As you shared, you know he always has his eyes on you :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. Continuing to pray for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Summer;
I am praying that God will reveal to you His perfect will for you and the family. I also lift you up to Jehovah Rophe, for He is the God who heals.
I pray that you will rest in the shelter of his arms and feel His mighty presence as you seek to know what to do next. I am praying with and for you dear sister in Christ.
Siouxanne

Buxtons said...

Our family continues to pray for your family. We know that you all have such a heart to serve, and that your desire is to always be in the center of God's will. We pray that God will continue to reveal to you the path that He desires you take. Just rest Summer, and give your body the time to heal! You have been through so much!
We love you all!

acceptance with joy said...

Keep your courage! The Lord is close by and is keeping you - and your family, in the palm of His hand.

Selah Martin said...

Summer...Thank you so much for the update about your appt. with the natureopath in Eugene. Sounds like you finally know what those "strange hard bumps" are on your hands. The doctor's explanation makes total sense. We will continue to be praying for God to reveal His will to you and Zane about what He has for you in the future. He knows your hearts; He knows your desires; and He knows your needs. You and Zane and your family serve an AWESOME GOD!!! He will make His path clear to you as you seek His face for guidance. Love You, Sister.......Charlene

Anonymous said...

Praying, praying, praying.

Love that verse. Hold on to it with all your strength!

Umpqua Valley Lamaze said...

Summer - My heart is deeply touched both by what you & your family are going through and also by your trust in the Lord. I am praying Psalm 46 for you. As we seek refuge in our ever present LORD from the most disastrous circumstances, Yahweh asks us to "be still & KNOW that I am God". May you rest in him, dear one.

Laurel said...

While I am so sorry that you must be away from your family for an extended period . . . I am thankful that you are getting some answers to the many unanswered questions.

Praying that the Lord brings health and restoration to your body through this time of rest and nutrition.

Laurel

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you have some direction regarding your health! Starve those boogers out! They LOVE sugar/carbs. Cleanse, heal, seal and restore that gut. for more info. see GAPS. I will continue to pray for you and yours, Summer.
Lori

Anonymous said...

Has anyone shared info on the supplement Microhydrin with you? We are praying for you.

BKessler said...

Praying for you. For your husband, your kids, your health and your comfort... and most of all that you all feel His presence in a very real way today and each day while you seek His will.

Created For His Glory said...

Praying for a complete restoration of your health in an accelerated way!!!
Love,
Kim

Lauren Elise Bond said...

May the grace of God and His healing hands bring peace and restoration upon your soul and body. Remember He has already faithfully healed you from eternal damnation, reflect on His grace and His mercy.

Our Family said...

Praying for you!