Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fight in such a way...

to prove the enemy wrong!

Something that I was reminded of recently is the spiritual battle that wages around us, the battle for souls--many of whom are still in diapers, sitting in an orphanage, waiting for a someone to wrestle on their behalf.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of darkness in this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

When a child is fatherless, abandoned, unwanted and unloved the enemy sees his "prey."

"Your adversary the devil is like a roaring lion, walking about, seeing whom he may devour."1 Peter 5:8

Let us fight in such a way to prove the enemy wrong. That these precious souls are not his for the "devouring."

One day, I believe, we as Christ followers will be held accountable for the orphans of the world--did we by faith rescue them from the "lion?"

"By faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, STOPPED THE MOUTH OF LIONS, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong..." Hebrews 11

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm going to post this entry to my blog (of course giving you credit! and the link). I hope that is okay. (Please let me know if it is not) This entry was for me today. I did not wake up this morning ready for the battle that was ready for me.

Thank you so much. This is the first smile I've had on my face today.

http://the-adoption-journey.blogspot.com/

adoption.journey.continues@gmail.com

Kelli