but by My Spirit says the Lord"
*URGENT PRAYER REQUEST*
We got a phone call early this morning that Elijah's uncle has "decided" that he wants the child back?! One of the first things Elijah said (our guard interpreted) was that he did not want to go back to the village because no one really cares about him there. Not to mention if he goes back it will only be a matter of time before he gets right back to the place we found him in--slowly dying of malnutrition/neglect.
There are a couple of factors that we believe are playing into the uncles "decision." One, he is not redeemed and therefore he does not understand the heart of the Father for children, especially orphans. Secondly, he is jealous that his own biological children are not receiving an education while his dead brother's children are.
My prayer is that the Spirit of the Lord will sway the heart of the uncle and that he will truly come to understand what is best for Elijah. Will you please join us in prayer.
My husband spoke with the uncle later today. He has agreed that we can keep Elijah until we move up North (at the end of March) at which point we will sit down and discuss whatever it is that needs to be discussed--my prayer is that by that time his heart will be changed. In the meantime, I am thanking Jesus for giving us another two months to pour the love of Christ into this precious soul!