Friday, November 20, 2009

Ovewhelmed by His amazing hand!

My husband just returned from an "up-north scouting trip." All I can say is that we are overwhelmed.....These are a few of the highlights.

1). The village "leader" and his first wife (yes, he has more than one) got SAVED! This is also Ethan's uncle, the man that helped us bring Ethan home. There is way more to this story, God using a 3 year old boy, who is now our son, to open up an opportunity to bring the Good News to an unreached people group! That brings me to the second highlight.

2). Zane (my husband) is the first white man/missionary that has ever set foot in this village.

3). After my husband presented the gospel and announced that the Lord is leading us to plant a church among them, the people danced and shouted for over 30 minutes.

4).*this was a sober highlight* A few village leaders came up to Zane and said, "you mean our ancestors died without knowing this (the Good News)." Wow, how do you respond to that??

5). The Lord has confirmed by "two or three witnesses" that this is God's will for our lives--to plant churches among the unreached "up-north."

6). The entire time my husband was gone, I did not suffer fatigue or joint pain.

Who are we? I laugh. We are a "back woods" family from Oregon. My husband worked on a dude ranch before we moved to Africa. "He truly uses the foolish of the world to comfound the wise."

Let His Word go forth to the ends of the earth!

11 comments:

Shonni said...

This is amazing and wonderful!!!!

BETHANY said...

How encouraging for you guys! It's nice when the Lord makes things painfully clear, huh? :)

The Frechette's said...

Wow! Feeling overwhelmed with you!! What an amazing God we serve! Thank you for being such a servant and godly example. Love you guys!!

Unknown said...

How wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your life! Your posts are so encouraging! I found your blog about a week ago. My husband and I are starting our journey to adopt from Uganda. We are excited to join you in spreading his word! You have such a neat family. Thank you for allowing God to use you!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

WOW!!! Doing a praise Jesus Dance!!!! WOHOOOOOO!!!!! Thank you Lord for using anyone who will do your will to carry forward your truth to the nations- ALL nations!!! Baptizing them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit! YEAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy said...

Amen, Amen! Praise God! It is so awesome to see God at work. What a privilege we have to be a part of the outworking of His plan on this earth!

Gary and Michelle said...

Wow!!! - what more can I say??

Michelle

Mary and John said...

Wow, wow, WOW! Praise the Lord! You are such an encouragement to me in my walk - and to hear of the huge miracles the Lord is working in your midst!! Awesome!

Bethany W. said...

Praise God!!! You all have been praying for the Lord's leading, and it looks like He is making the way plain before you!

Bethany W

Jenay said...

I really love your blog. I pray for you. You are doing amazing things for the Lord and thank you for sharing with such openess. And then when I read you are from Oregon....so are we....that is awesome.

Leigh said...

Ezra looks sooo happy!!!