Monday, July 6, 2009

The Lord has so much to teach me about living the surrendered life. I am tempted, when the Lord asks me to do something that is not in my agenda, to remind Him that I have surrendered six times over, and their names are.....

Last night I got a urgent text from a friend asking me to go to the doctor with her in the city--an hour journey on a crazy road in a crowded taxi. My first reaction was of the flesh, "I am so tired. I have a secondary sinus infection. I really need to prepare for the next season of homeschool. And I want to be home with my husband on his only day off." The city is a hot, dusty, dirty and crowded place, not in my agenda of what I wanted for my (emphasis mine) day.

Isn't the Lord so gentle with us? He asked me, "have you not agreed to live the surrendered life?" Yes, Lord! "Then please go with your friend to the doctor."

So, with Enoch in tow (and the encouragement/blessing of my husband), my friend and I traveled to the city for a loooong doctor wait/visit. I got Enoch's hemoglobin checked, which is really low, so please pray that the love of family and good food will change his numbers! The Lord covered us as we traveled, blessed our fellowship and allowed us to meet up with a close friend for lunch!

"I surrender all, all to thee my blessed Savior, I surrender all."

Someone from Oregon donated this gator to the church--it made its way to Africa via a 40 ft container!

4 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Amazing! I don't like hearing surrender....more....do what God has asked. It is tough, but thank you for that encouragement!!!

Adeye said...

Oh you are just such a blessing. Surrender---in everything! I love it.

Unknown said...

OK! That is awesome! LOVE that John DEERE GREEN!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting to get the Gator, were you exspecting it, or was it a surprise?.. I have been gone for almost a week and have been reading your posts backwards...so I had already read about the women at the clinic seeing Jack...What an amazing Father we have! What a gift for the lady to share and what an example of God's love for us to give her a glimps into Jacks new life!..Truely powerful, I got goose bumps reading this part... and as for your surrendering...yes so hard...our wills are so strong, but what a small gift to give back for such a loving God!...I am sure that such amazing peace follows such obediance...Blessing Shi~