Sunday, April 12, 2009

Our unexpected Easter Celebration

After getting all seven of the kids fed and dressed in their "Sunday best," hair braided/combed and shoes on, we headed out to the land cruiser. Waiting in the rain was a man that has been living on our compound--my husband cast many demons from him--he comes from a family of seventy children, his father is a witch doctor with 12 wives. On top of the demon possession, this man has been in bondage to drugs and alcohol. All of that to say, he was excited, as were we, to go to the Easter service. We all loaded into the cruiser....Nothing, it would not start. I tried and prayed, tried and the kids prayed and tried again. I finally called my husband, who had been at the church since 6am to teach the sunrise service, and asked him what was wrong. He informed me that there is a bad battery connection and all that I needed to do was wiggle the cables--mind you it is pouring down rain. I wiggled the cables, a lot. Nothing. My dear husband finally came home to give it a try. Nothing. An hour had passed and the service was well underway. Zane needed to get back to church (since he is over the media) and Charles (the man) definitely needed to be at church. The kids and I went back inside for our own little Easter service and Zane and Charles caught a boda-boda (local moped taxi) to the church. It seemed that the enemy was trying to keep Charles away from the church--we sensed this. I am so glad we made sure he got there, he was baptized! If the Lord lays it on your heart, will you please join us in praying for Charles. We are sending him to a Christ Centered drug rehab program in Kenya this week. It is a two month program where he will be washed with the Word.

*Below are a few photos of the kids and I worshipping our risen Lord.

6 comments:

Created For His Glory said...

Oh bummer!!! I love your header photo! Beautiful!!!!
Love,
K :)

Unknown said...

Looks like the devil didn't crash this Easter celebration! Praise God! Rejoicing with you at Charles baptism. AMEN!

Adeye said...

I will absolutely pray for Charles. Sorry about your car--praying you can get it taken care of soon.

What sweet pictures of your worship team :)

Shonni said...

"We praise you Jesus for the work you are doing in Charles...please, continue to set him from from the powers and darkness as he now walks in the light of your Truth!"
It is always so nice to see the pictures of your family!

Shauna said...

That totally warmed my heart - thank you for that beautiful story and the pic - so sweet - and what a women I might add to wiggle wires - that always freaks me out. We will pray for Charles and I continue to pray for Harriet.

Jennifer Beaty (Thompson) said...

How sweet to see your "praise band"!! Will pray the car troubles cease...especially on Sundays!!