Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Confessions

Today has been pretty rough thus far. I would like to try to find an excuse, but to be honest before the Lord, I do not have one because He has asked me to be joyful.

"Let the saints (that is us) be joyful in glory; let them sing aloud in their beds." Psalm 149:5

When I am in a 'mood' I seem to place heavy burdens upon my children, yuck! The Lord, in His faithfulness, brought me to Matthew 11:28-30,

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gently and humble in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is pleasant and My burden is light."

The Lord, however, did not give me this verse for personal application but rather for me to exemplify to my children. How do I teach my children? Do I make the work hard and heavy. Do I deal in gentleness? Am I humble? Would I truly want them to learn of me? Is my behavior and attitude one that glorifies the Lord? And am I being pleasant in my ways? The answer to these questions today were a resounding NO. I confess, you would have not been impressed. I fell short from what the Lord has called me to be,

"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity...take heed to yourself. 1 Timothy 4:12

6 comments:

Created For His Glory said...

Today is a NEW day.. the old has passed... arise and walk into it knowing you have found grace!!!!
Hugs,
K

BETHANY said...

Thanks for the encouragment!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this, I've been feeling the same way as school is winding down for the year!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Great scripture to encourage us on those tough days!

Gary and Michelle said...

It sounds like your day was just like mine. Thank you for your honesty and reminders of how we should behave.

Michelle

Mrs. Breum said...

we all have days like that, no one is perfect, but thankfully we serve a God that is!