Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Word

This is the Word that the Lord gave me today--a solid rock we can cling to.
"Therefore, humble yourselves under the nighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. Be of sober Spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But, resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren around who are in the world. After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you." 1 Peter 5:6-11
I know that during this time of pain, uncertainity and distance I am very vulnerable to the enemies lies and threats. Therefore, I must continue to cast my cares upon the Lord. I know that my suffering is part of God's plan--and we know that His ways are not our own. It is His glory that I seek.

2 comments:

love2bmom said...

Amen my sister. I am praying for you today!!

Love,


C

Serenity said...

This is good! Glad you are holding onto this. Keeping you in my prayers, sister.