Saturday, October 11, 2008

Surrender

I have just begun a wonder-filled book of ancouragement and exhoration.
'D.L. Moody on Spiritual Leadership.'
It is a must read.

"It seems about the hardest thing, to get to the end of self, but when we have got to the end of self, and self is lost sight of, self seeking, and self glory thrown aside, and Christ and His cause are uppermost in our hearts, how easy it is for God to use us."

Are you willing?
Am I willing to be "dead to self but alive to Christ?"
Putting aside all that the flesh craves--comfort, recognition, status...to be used by the Living God!
Will you do without for the sake of another's soul? Will you give up sleep, a quiet meal, clean toilets...
Will you leave family and friend so that a lost and dying soul might have the chance to be snatched from the torment of eternity in hell?

I am a bondservant, bought at a price, I AM NOT MY OWN.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

So true! It is the hardest thing to get to the end of self. Not sure if you get to the end this side of heaven, rather daily we must, "deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Me."

It's my constant longing... to be dead to self! We are not our own, Lord help me to have that in the forefront of my mind daily!