Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Will I still obey?

After crying out this morning because of one of my children, the Lord asked me,
"even if no fruit is on the vine, will you continue to trust and obey me?"
I love raising my children, but I will be honest, when I see very little or no fruit I get overly discouraged. To the point that I feel it surely must all be in vain. I know this is from the enemy. But, what must it feel like to strive with your children, riase them in the ways of the Lord and pray for them without ceasing, only to have them walk away? Again, the Lord spoke, "will you still raise them in accordance to my Ways, even if one day they may walk away?
And so I ask, "even if there is no fruit on the vine will you continue to trust the Lord."
Habakuk 3:17
"Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will frejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19 The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills."

3 comments:

BETHANY said...

This is exactly what I needed to hear today. I've got one that keeps me crying to the Lord more than the others and it's so easy to just get discouraged.

Sheila said...

This is my case, time and time again. I lack faith so much! I forget so easily that God is doing the heart work and the bringing to life and fruition the seed that I'm simply to plant obediently and consistently.

I think what you've written here many a momma who desires to see her children walk in the truth can get discouraged as you've described.

He will complete that which HE started in our kids!

Kellie Trenkle said...

thank you, Lord, that you are the master gardener.

sometimes i get so distracted by the weeds of busyness! thank you, summer, for always sharing what the Lord is showing you... it always brings a new passion to honoring the Lord with my privilege of being wife and mama.

i feel like i've lost some ground with my kids b/c of the transition into newborn life and all the exhaustion. and the time spent nursing, my kids are extra "busy," so some weeds have cropped up, but i know that God will redeem the time.

your post reminded me today that i must diligently and consistently be on my face before the King -- seeking wisdom from above and a renewed strength for persevering.