Thursday, September 18, 2008

Abundant

How often I can wander. A lot like the Isrealites, I suppose. At times I feel like my load is heavy and burdensome, and there are moments that I grumble over "all" that the Lord has asked of me. "Did you bring me out here to die?" Exodus 14:11. Yet, the Lord has so much, a life flowing with "milk and honey."

Oh, how gently the Father draws us back--through His Word and by His Spirit, our ever present help in time of need. As He spoke to His people wandering in the wilderness, "and you shall know that I am the Lord your God" (Exodus 16:12) so He speaks to us today, "I have given you life, and life abundantly." John 10:10

The Spirit filled life is one of abundance. It is the life I long to live. In the midst of the Lord's precense, "throughout all my jourmeys, He is my cloud by day and my fire by night." Exodus 40:38

As was spoken by Raymond Edman in the 1920's,
"not somehow, but triumphantly."

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I so identify with you and what you share. Thank you for opening your life through this blog!